Autumn has finally has arrived! It’s my favorite time of the year. If you’re like me, you long for your house to spell of sugar and spice and everything nice.
Here’s an easy-peasy October recipe I’ve made for years that will do the trick and provide a sweet treat for your family to eat. Okay, that was a little corny. Or should I say, candy corny? All right, all right—on with the recipe!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 (29 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 9×13 baking dish
- In large bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and spices until well blended. Pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top of the batter. If adding nuts, sprinkle them over cake mix.
- Thinly slice butter over the cake mix and nuts. Or you can also melt butter and pour over top.
- Bake for 50 minutes until pumpkin filling is set and top is browned. I usually give it a little jiggle to test the firmness but it can also be tested by inserting knife to see if it comes out clean.
- Cool. Serve with whipped cream. I make mine homemade. Ice cream is great and both are even better!
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1cupcold heavy whipping cream
- 2tablespoonssugar, or confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2teaspoonvanilla or other flavorings or liquors
- Place mixer bowl and whisk in freezer for at least 20 minutes to chill.
- Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Do not overbeat.